ACC has partnered with UT Arlington to establish an endowment fund for student grants in support of environmental integrity and climate resilience.
The endowment initiative seeks to combine UTA students’ talents and energy with faculty expertise and oversight to further ACC’s mission: To protect Arlington’s natural environment through education, community service, and advocacy for a sustainable future.
What It Provides
Proceeds from the endowment will fund
- undergraduate scholarships and
- undergraduate or graduate student expenses related to faculty-led research
Who May Apply
- have attended the university for two consecutive semesters immediately before the application deadline while maintaining a 3.0 or higher GPA
- are enrolled full time in a field of study relevant to ACC’s mission
- demonstrate their career interests and how the funds would advance their goals
Awards will be made to qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, race, religion, or ethnicity. Preference will be given to students whose interests or research activities
- may benefit the city of Arlington
- are interdisciplinary or multi-organizational
- leverage the resources of other entities
When and How Much
Awards will be given in the spring and fall semesters as the endowment grows.
Individual awards will range between $500 and $1000, depending on fund availability and specific need. No one student will receive funds for more than two semesters within a two-year period.
How You Can Help
As a 501(c)(3) organization, ACC welcomes contributions to the endowment fund. Donations in any amount are encouraged and can be accepted at any time. All donations are fully tax-deductible.
To launch the endowment fund, the board has secured a 3-for-1 match for the first $10,000 raised from our friends. If we can make this goal by February 15, 2022, we will be able to make the first student awards in the fall.
How to Donate
Donations can be made by credit card, PayPal, or check
- Credit card or PayPal
Mail a check to ACC Endowment Fund, P.O. Box 216, Arlington, TX 76004-0216
- For non-cash donations (stock transfers, RMDs, legacy distributions) contact [email protected].
ACC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization. All donations are fully tax-deductible.